Search.genieo.com is known as a harmful browser-hijacker programmed by cyber criminals to distort targeted computer system and compromise victims protection forcefully. This malware is particularly created to promote harmful content and change the genuine component of your search engine with dangerous element. The preset search engine of the web browsers will be replaceed immediately with the precarious one which is really complex to alter. It is competent of collecting your internet browsers activity and send it to distant server endorsing related and unwanted ads.
Search.genieo.com declares that it is sponsored by genuine search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing but the fact is just opposite. It is created by the group of hackers to serve ads and harmful links. Its search engine will all the time exhibit hazardous and unnecessary search results. It affects almost all web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome & IE amends homepage in conjunction with the default search engine. So, if you have also observed these traits on your computer, then it is highly advised that you remove Search.genieo.com from your computer.
Is Search.genieo.com Safe for PC & Browser?
No absolutely not, Search.genieo.com is not safe to use at all and it is because of the reason concerning severe cyber criminal activities, exploitation of privacy and depletion of computer functionality and performance. Some points that justifies the statement made above are listed below –
- It installs in the computer system without user’s permission or consent often with free downloads.
- It changes existing browser settings including provided search engines and home pages causing it to redirect to related malicious websites.
- As a tactic against innocent Internet users, it appears alike some legitimate search engine like Google.com and persuade victims to use illegitimate search engine.
- It often mess up with the privacy settings and exploits them to steal personal files or information.
Remove Automatically using Anti-malware Software!
It is the best way to eliminate Search.genieo.com from the PC as it automatically scans the entire computer system, detects and eliminates all its traces effectively. It is incorporated with latest and sophisticated malware detection technology that easily spots new evolving online threats and removes them from PC. Just download and install the free scanner provided below and leave rest to it.
Instructions: 1. Install Search.genieo.com Removal Tool 2. Update the software 3. Perform Full Scan
Perform System Restore!
Windows system creates Restore points every week and also during system updates. So, just Restore PC to any of that points (date) created prior to the issue occurred. This will help you to remove new installments and modifications created associated with the Search.genieo.com.
Manually Remove Search.genieo.com from Browsers!
Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Chrome and click on “Bar” or “Wrench” icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then choose “Settings” > “Search” > “Manage Search Engines”.
- Now from the list, select your preferred search engine and click on “Make Default”.
- To remove unwanted search engines from the list, just hover your mouse to that and click the “cross” mark at its end.
- At last restart the browser to complete the process.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type “about:config” at the address bar and hit “Enter”.
- Now type “keyword.URL” in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select “Modify”.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type “browser.search.selectedEngine” in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for “browser.newtab.url” and modify it to “about:newtab”.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select “Tools” from the top menu and then “Internet Option”.
- Now go to tab “General” > “Change Search Defaults” > “Settings”.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click “Set as default”.
- Now restart the browser.
Clean your Browser!
Very often malware like Search.genieo.com add malicious cookies, temporary files to the browser and also modify browser settings. So, it is recommended that after manual removal of this threat you better clean your browser for production accuracy. And for that Download CCleaner. How to clean instructions are given below.
- Install CCleaner.
- Then navigate to the Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click on “Analyze” button to analyze the browser’s health.
- After analyzing completes, hit “Run Cleaner” button on the right bottom to clean browsers.
So, without wasting any more time just follow the steps provided above and get rid of Search.genieo.com completely from the system and browser.