Findpages.net can be classified as a hazardous browser-hijacker that is programmed with the only goal to do precarious actions in the windows system and disturb it’s proper functioning. It initially targets your windows system web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox or IE that add lots of malicious stuff like toolbar or ad applications to the browsers. It alters or replaces several critical browsers files with purpose to entirely control it and very often forward the websites to those hosts who either paid them to do so or to distribute dangerous content to your web browsers or PC.
The most common task of Findpages.net is internet browsers homepage modification. No matter each time you launch your browsers you will be forwarded to harmful websites. Apparently, Findpages.net appears very much like real search engine but in reality it is just an advertising podium that serves its supporters. It affects almost all browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome & IE modifies homepage along with the default search engine. So, without slaying any time longer just download Findpages.net removal tool in your PC and get rid of malicious effects of this malware entirely without any hassle.
Is Findpages.net Safe for PC & Browser?
No absolutely not, Findpages.net is not safe to use at all and it is because of the reason concerning severe cyber criminal activities, exploitation of privacy and depletion of computer functionality and performance. Some points that justifies the statement made above are listed below –
- It installs in the computer system without user’s permission or consent often with free downloads.
- It changes existing browser settings including provided search engines and home pages causing it to redirect to related malicious websites.
- As a tactic against innocent Internet users, it appears alike some legitimate search engine like Google.com and persuade victims to use illegitimate search engine.
- It often mess up with the privacy settings and exploits them to steal personal files or information.
Remove Automatically using Anti-malware Software!
It is the best way to eliminate Findpages.net from the PC as it automatically scans the entire computer system, detects and eliminates all its traces effectively. It is incorporated with latest and sophisticated malware detection technology that easily spots new evolving online threats and removes them from PC. Just download and install the free scanner provided below and leave rest to it.
Instructions: 1. Install Findpages.net Removal Tool 2. Update the software 3. Perform Full Scan
Perform System Restore!
Windows system creates Restore points every week and also during system updates. So, just Restore PC to any of that points (date) created prior to the issue occurred. This will help you to remove new installments and modifications created associated with the Findpages.net.
Manually Remove Findpages.net from Browsers!
Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Chrome and click on “Bar” or “Wrench” icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then choose “Settings” > “Search” > “Manage Search Engines”.
- Now from the list, select your preferred search engine and click on “Make Default”.
- To remove unwanted search engines from the list, just hover your mouse to that and click the “cross” mark at its end.
- At last restart the browser to complete the process.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type “about:config” at the address bar and hit “Enter”.
- Now type “keyword.URL” in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select “Modify”.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type “browser.search.selectedEngine” in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for “browser.newtab.url” and modify it to “about:newtab”.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select “Tools” from the top menu and then “Internet Option”.
- Now go to tab “General” > “Change Search Defaults” > “Settings”.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click “Set as default”.
- Now restart the browser.
Clean your Browser!
Very often malware like Findpages.net add malicious cookies, temporary files to the browser and also modify browser settings. So, it is recommended that after manual removal of this threat you better clean your browser for production accuracy. And for that Download CCleaner. How to clean instructions are given below.
- Install CCleaner.
- Then navigate to the Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click on “Analyze” button to analyze the browser’s health.
- After analyzing completes, hit “Run Cleaner” button on the right bottom to clean browsers.
So, without wasting any more time just follow the steps provided above and get rid of Findpages.net completely from the system and browser.