CoupScanner is categorized as an adware that does many dangerous behaviors and can assertively corrupt internet browsers and their settings. Since it’s not a harmful process itself, so may not be named a virus but it does modifies system security settings along with browsers settings and is distributed by freeware application. You may download and install CoupScanner without your permission by downloading freeware, shareware and other fake software updates. As they didn’t notify PC about their installation, so it is really very tricky to discover and remove it.
As an adware podium, first thing it makes many inexorable commercials to interrupt PC utilizes to operate the dirty computer system normally. Once enters into the computer system, it attaches itself to the internet browsers and every time any browsers start, you obtain bunch of pop-up ads. Virus creators very often use this hard thing to embed unsafe code in browsers so that they could without any trouble interfere users online activity with the only aim to produce fund. We don’t suggest you to use this dangerous adware due to the risks associated with it. Rather you should try to get rid of it from your PC by running the procedures given in this page below.
Is CoupScanner Safe for PC & Browser?
No absolutely not, CoupScanner is not safe to use at all and it is because of the reason concerning severe cyber criminal activities, exploitation of privacy and depletion of computer functionality and performance. Some points that justifies the statement made above are listed below –
- It installs in the computer system without user’s permission or consent often with free downloads.
- It often displays lot of commercial pop-ups, fake error messages, annoying ads and alerts.
- It intelligently tracks online behavior and Internet activity of the user and steals valuable personal data for their own benefit
- It is really hard to remove them from browser completely because keep returning back again and again.
Remove Automatically using Anti-malware Software!
It is the best way to eliminate CoupScanner from the PC as it automatically scans the entire computer system, detects and eliminates all its traces effectively. It is incorporated with latest and sophisticated malware detection technology that easily spots new evolving online threats and removes them from PC. Just download and install the free scanner provided below and leave rest to it.
Instructions: 1. Install CoupScanner Removal Tool 2. Update the software 3. Perform Full Scan
Perform System Restore!
Windows system creates Restore points every week and also during system updates. So, just Restore PC to any of that points (date) created prior to the issue occurred. This will help you to remove new installments and modifications created associated with the CoupScanner.
Manually Remove CoupScanner from Browsers!
Uninstall CoupScanner from PC using Add/Remove Program
- Click on “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Programs and Features”.
- Now look for CoupScanner, select it and click on “Uninstall“.
Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Chrome and click on “Bar” or “Wrench” icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then choose “Settings” > “Search” > “Manage Search Engines”.
- Now from the list, select your preferred search engine and click on “Make Default”.
- To remove unwanted search engines from the list, just hover your mouse to that and click the “cross” mark at its end.
- At last restart the browser to complete the process.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type “about:config” at the address bar and hit “Enter”.
- Now type “keyword.URL” in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select “Modify”.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type “browser.search.selectedEngine” in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for “browser.newtab.url” and modify it to “about:newtab”.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select “Tools” from the top menu and then “Internet Option”.
- Now go to tab “General” > “Change Search Defaults” > “Settings”.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click “Set as default”.
- Now restart the browser.
Clean your Browser!
Very often malware like CoupScanner add malicious cookies, temporary files to the browser and also modify browser settings. So, it is recommended that after manual removal of this threat you better clean your browser for production accuracy. And for that Download CCleaner. How to clean instructions are given below.
- Install CCleaner.
- Then navigate to the Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click on “Analyze” button to analyze the browser’s health.
- After analyzing completes, hit “Run Cleaner” button on the right bottom to clean browsers.
So, without wasting any more time just follow the steps provided above and get rid of CoupScanner completely from the system and browser.