Contenko.com is a vicious browser-hijacker that enters into the targeted PC when user read any junk mails, mail attachments surfs any harmful websites or download stuffs from infected web pages without any safety. It follows browsing behaviors, gathers the privacy and critical data stored in the computer and send them for commercial or evil purposes to hackers. It modifies homepage settings together with the set search engine and displays search results which are fully futile. In addition it shows ads and sponsored-links along with the search results clicking which may get you into more ads, pop-ups and troubles. You may not be able to use any of the PC tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor or others, as all of them might be disabled. It is distributed so cleverly that it could without any trouble find out the faults in your computer. Once they are discovered, it makes ways for the other vexing infections or threats to get into the system and misuse it brutally. No doubt that all the system resources will be compromised and vital all the features and capabilities of the system will be disabled.
You will observe that the performance of your PC will degrade enormously and its velocity too is decelerating. When you strive to connect your computer through internet via any network, that too will increase issues because of limited ease of use. No doubt that Contenko.com is a vexing program to manage and it should be removed from PC as quickly as possible for its well being.
Is Contenko.com Safe for PC & Browser?
No absolutely not, Contenko.com is not safe to use at all and it is because of the reason concerning severe cyber criminal activities, exploitation of privacy and depletion of computer functionality and performance. Some points that justifies the statement made above are listed below
- It installs in the computer system without users permission or consent often with free downloads.
- It changes existing browser settings including provided search engines and home pages causing it to redirect to related malicious websites.
- As a tactic against innocent Internet users, it appears alike some legitimate search engine like Google.com and persuade victims to use illegitimate search engine.
- It often mess up with the privacy settings and exploits them to steal personal files or information.
Remove Automatically using Anti-malware Software!
It is the best way to eliminate Contenko.com from the PC as it automatically scans the entire computer system, detects and eliminates all its traces effectively. It is incorporated with latest and sophisticated malware detection technology that easily spots new evolving online threats and removes them from PC. Just download and install the free scanner provided below and leave rest to it.
Instructions: 1. Install Contenko.com Removal Tool 2. Update the software 3. Perform Full Scan
Perform System Restore!
Windows system creates Restore points every week and also during system updates. So, just Restore PC to any of that points (date) created prior to the issue occurred. This will help you to remove new installments and modifications created associated with the Contenko.com.
Manually Remove Contenko.com from Browsers!
Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Chrome and click on “Bar” or “Wrench” icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then choose “Settings” > “Search” > “Manage Search Engines”.
- Now from the list, select your preferred search engine and click on “Make Default”.
- To remove unwanted search engines from the list, just hover your mouse to that and click the ‘cross‘ mark at its end.
- At last restart the browser to complete the process.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type “about:config” at the address bar and hit “Enter”.
- Now type “keyword.URL” in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select “Modify”.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type “browser.search.selectedEngine” in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for “browser.newtab.url” and modify it to “about:newtab”.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select “Tools” from the top menu and then “Internet Option”.
- Now go to tab “General” > “Change Search Defaults” > “Settings”.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click “Set as default”.
- Now restart the browser.
Clean your Browser!
Very often malware like Contenko.com add malicious cookies, temporary files to the browser and also modify browser settings. So, it is recommended that after manual removal of this threat you better clean your browser for production accuracy. And for that Download CCleaner. How to clean instructions are given below.
- Install CCleaner.
- Then navigate to the Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click on ‘Analyze’ button to analyze the browsers health.
- After analyzing completes, hit ‘Run Cleaner’ button on the right bottom to clean browsers.
So, without wasting any more time just follow the steps provided above and get rid of Contenko.com completely from the system and browser.