I am facing issue as I think I have been infected with Searchatomic.com and I really need help removing it. It takes my homepage and I am unable to get Google back anymore. In fact I have run several online scanners to remove it but still it has not removed. I have searched lots of information of how to get rid of it but I am unable to eliminate it. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I have windows 7 and I use Google chrome. Just let me know if anyone knows the solution.
SearchAtomic.com is a rouge site that claims to improve user’s internet browsing experience by generating the most relevant results. Actually it is categorized as a browser hijacker category malware which mainly intended to hijack user’s searching.Why user didn’t get any notifications regarding its intervention in your PC? Then how could you know when does SearchAtomic.com come in and to prevent this hijacker application coming into your computer? However to some extent, SearchAtomic.com come into your system with your approval only but you just ignore. In most cases it is seen that such browser hijacker programs comes bundled with free programs. If you uncheck custom installation during installing any free program to your PC, you may also allow installation of unwanted program packed in the free programs. Initially, this website may appear to be like an ordinary search engine but beware as it can modify Internet browser settings without any of your approval.
Furthermore, it also tracks users’ internet browsing activities and may generate search results leading to infection sites. It is designed with an aim to infect number of targeted PC by modifying their search browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer to redirect your result page to some malicious and risky website. Apart from that, it will also block all the currently running application and also annoy user by adding corrupt registries in Windows Registry Editor as well. It can affect the entire browser like Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, safari, Opera, Yahoo, Bing etc. It brings lots of pop-up ads which appear on your computer screen and may drive you into suspicious website. This is the sign that your PC is highly at risk. Apart from that, the threat also entices you to click on these ads and redirect you to some suspicious websites which may mislead you to acquire other potentially unwanted programs.
How to Remove Searchatomic.com from PC – Virus Removal Guide!
Uninstall Suspicious Program from PC using Control Panel
To uninstall or remove malicious program from your computer through Control Panel visit the below given link that suits your PC’s operating system.
In Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Point the arrow of the mouse to the upper-right corner of the Window and click on Search. (For touch screen user, they have to swipe the screen from the right edge and then click Search).
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click or tap Control Panel->Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the doubtful extension that get installed without your concern and click on Uninstall to remove it from Computer.
In XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click on the Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program/Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for XP).
- Choose the doubtful extension that doesn’t installed by you and click on Uninstall to get rid of it from PC (you may have to follow the uninstallation instructions).
Remove Suspicious Add-ons using Add-On Manager of Browsers (IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari)
In order to get rid of add-ons from your Windows PC/laptop using add-on manager visit the below given link that suits your Internet Explorer.
- Launch Internet Explorer (IE), click on Tools → Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Show section, choose All add-ons to see all the installed add-ons.
- After click on the add-on that you want to turn off and click the Disable button present at the bottom right corner of the windows.
- At last restart the browser to confirm that changes have taken effects.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Run Mozilla Firefox, click 3-bar icon present at the top right corner → Add-ons.
- Under the Extension tab choose the add-on that you want to delete→ click Disable/Remove.
- Now go to the Plugins tab → choose unwanted plugins → select Never Activate.
- After completing above steps restart your browsers for changes to take effects.
In Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome → click 3-bar icon → More tools →Extensions
- Now on suspicious add-ons uncheck Enabled box to disable the extension and click on Recycle Bin icon to delete the extension.
- Restart browsers for changes to take effects.
Remove Malware using powerful Searchatomic.com Removal Tool
To remove complete traces of this malicious species, you need to download and install free to use Searchatomic.com Removal Tool by clicking the below given button.
This is a powerful anti-malware and anti-spyware application. With the help of this application you can easily remove rootkits usually used to install worms, toolbars, Trojans and other malware programs.
To know more about this powerful anti-malware program and its effective features read its complete review of Malware Removal Tool here and to read about its detailed installation guide, Read the Installation Instructions.
Use Ccleaner To Remove Searchatomic.com
To remove last traces of this malicious threat, you need to download and install your system with Ccleaner tool by clicking the below given button.
CCleaner PC cleaner tool is especially designed to remove all types of junk or unnecessary files from Windows computer with ease. It is able to deal with broken shortcuts, temporary files and other Windows problems.
To get detail about this powerful and very effective tool read complete review of CCleaner and to know more about more about its installation instructions, you can read the Installation Guide
How to prevent your system from Phishing and Malware attacks?
nbo.napewhisking.com refers to the different class of malware which generally change your homepage browser’s settings of webpages. It is used to hijack your web browsers and it also redirects to some other spiteful webpages. Mentioned below are the methods to prevent malicious hijacker.
Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox version 3 or in later versions, Phishing and Malware Protection are already built in feature. Generally, you will be warned when you try to visit some malicious sites or contains some phishing content. Mentioned below are the steps which can help you to keep safe while browsing the internet using Firefox:
- First open Mozilla Firefox
- Hit on Tools on the top menu and after that select Option from the list
- Select security and mark on the following items
- Block the reported attack sites
- Block the reported web forgeries
Enable Phishing and Malware Protection Google Chrome
You will not have many risks while browsing the web with Google Chrome’s phishing and malware detection feature. When you try to visit some harmful sites then it will notify you with a warning message. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable Phishing and Malware Protection:
- First open Google Chrome
- Then hit on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) that is located on top right corner of the browser
- After that select Settings from the drop-down list
- Hit on Show advanced settings on the settings page at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup
- Find the Privacy section and mark ‘Enable phishing and malware protection’
- At last restart Google Chrome
Activate SmartScreen Filter Internet Explorer
Internet explorer versions 8 and 9 have the feature called as SmartScreen Filter. With the help of it, you can detect phishing websites and can protect from downloading harmful files online. When it is active, you can avoid several viruses. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to turn on SmartScreen Filter:
- First Open Internet Explorer
- After that on the top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu
- Then select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- At last restart Internet Explorer