My Computer got infected with Ads by Alex and when I opened my web browser, some unknown toolbars and icon were added. After that when I have looked at my web settings, it was set as my homepage. In fact I have done some changes but it does not have any effect. Also while trying to open a new browser window, the browser just opens with some other URL and also had set the homepage in Internet Explorer.
If you notice that while browsing the web pages you are frequently getting ads by Alex, then in that case your system has been infected by adware. Once it gets installed in the system, it gets installed as add-ons in the browser extensions and the user do not even know about it. This adware can attach itself in Microsoft internet explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other secured web browsers. These malicious programs are generally bundled with the software that is available online for free. On downloading or installing such software, it will also lead to the installation of this malicious program into your system. Other such similar unwanted programs are Go.doaffiliate.net Ads, AppTrailers Adware and many more…
How Ads by Alex gets installed into the system?
The cyber criminal attaches the malicious codes in the custom and advanced section of the software, and distribute it over the internet for free. On downloading or installing such software, the malicious codes also get installed. While going through the mails if you are opening any attachments that are sent from unknown users, clicking on unknown links or hyperlinks, visiting adult web sites, downloading videos or audios from un-trusted sites will also lead to the installation of this malicious program into the system.
How to protect your system from Ads by Alex?
Whenever you are downloading any software, make sure that you are downloading it from trusted sites. While installing software, you have to be very careful, especially in the custom and advanced section of the software – here you have to uncheck all those applications that are not necessary along with those that are already installed in the system and then continue with the installation process. make sure that the system security software that is installed in the system should be kept updated every day, in this way you would be able to keep your system safe from external threats.
Signs that your system has been infected by Ads by Alex:
Some of the common signs that shows that your system has been infected by this adware is that while browsing the web pages you will get lot of pop up ads, web pages will take lot of time to open, system will take lot of time to perform simple task, CPU usage of the system will always remain high, system will take lot of time to boot up, shut down and while refreshing, system will crashes suddenly and restart your PC automatically and overall the performance of the system will become slow.
How to Remove Ads by Alex from PC – Virus Removal Guide!
Uninstall Suspicious Program from PC using Control Panel
To uninstall or remove malicious program from your computer through Control Panel visit the below given link that suits your PC’s operating system.
In Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Point the arrow of the mouse to the upper-right corner of the Window and click on Search. (For touch screen user, they have to swipe the screen from the right edge and then click Search).
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click or tap Control Panel->Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the doubtful extension that get installed without your concern and click on Uninstall to remove it from Computer.
In XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click on the Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program/Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for XP).
- Choose the doubtful extension that doesn’t installed by you and click on Uninstall to get rid of it from PC (you may have to follow the uninstallation instructions).
Remove Suspicious Add-ons using Add-On Manager of Browsers (IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari)
In order to get rid of add-ons from your Windows PC/laptop using add-on manager visit the below given link that suits your Internet Explorer.
- Launch Internet Explorer (IE), click on Tools → Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Show section, choose All add-ons to see all the installed add-ons.
- After click on the add-on that you want to turn off and click the Disable button present at the bottom right corner of the windows.
- At last restart the browser to confirm that changes have taken effects.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Run Mozilla Firefox, click 3-bar icon present at the top right corner → Add-ons.
- Under the Extension tab choose the add-on that you want to delete→ click Disable/Remove.
- Now go to the Plugins tab → choose unwanted plugins → select Never Activate.
- After completing above steps restart your browsers for changes to take effects.
In Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome → click 3-bar icon → More tools →Extensions
- Now on suspicious add-ons uncheck Enabled box to disable the extension and click on Recycle Bin icon to delete the extension.
- Restart browsers for changes to take effects.
Remove Malware using powerful Ads by Alex Removal Tool
To remove complete traces of this malicious species, you need to download and install free to use Ads by Alex Removal Tool by clicking the below given button.
This is a powerful anti-malware and anti-spyware application. With the help of this application you can easily remove rootkits usually used to install worms, toolbars, Trojans and other malware programs.
To know more about this powerful anti-malware program and its effective features read its complete review of Malware Removal Tool here and to read about its detailed installation guide, Read the Installation Instructions.
Use Ccleaner To Remove Ads by Alex
To remove last traces of this malicious threat, you need to download and install your system with Ccleaner tool by clicking the below given button.
CCleaner PC cleaner tool is especially designed to remove all types of junk or unnecessary files from Windows computer with ease. It is able to deal with broken shortcuts, temporary files and other Windows problems.
To get detail about this powerful and very effective tool read complete review of CCleaner and to know more about more about its installation instructions, you can read the Installation Guide
Tips To Avoid Malicious Adware from Entering Into PC
There are some prevention tips which one should follow so that they can avoid Ads by Alex from entering into the system. It is mandatory that one should know what to do when your computer is infected. Some of them are mentioned below:
Stay safe online
It is instructed to update your software regularly. This is important for your operating system, security programs and web browser. There are some threats which generally take the advantages of bugs or exploits in a code of such programs to propagate into new machines. Even the companies which make the programs are usually made to fix the holes quickly.
Stop taking action
It is also necessary to stop taking actions which could put your computer at risk. It includes visiting unknown websites, unsolicited email attachments and downloading software from some illegal websites or peer to peer file transfer networks.
The computer user should change the password at regular intervals of their important and sensitive webpages. They should use strong password including some numbers and special characters etc.
It is always instructed to computer users to check for any windows update and if any update is available there then install them.
Turn on browser features
Different web browsers have different specifications which help users to browse safely. Only it needs to enable them and surf online without any disturbance.