I bought a new computer few weeks ago and after using it for some days; I have encountered a Ad Maven ads. After that when I have tried to open some webpages. I have redirected to some unknown sites. I am really very frustrated and I want help to remove it completely. So just let me know if anybody knows the solution.
If you are getting Ad Maven ads, while browsing the internet, then in that case, your system has been infected by the adware. It is considered as a malicious program that are normally attached with the software, videos and audios that are available on the torrent sites, and these malicious codes are also bundled with the software that are available over the internet for free. Once it gets into your system it will change the settings of your web browsers – Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. The developer or Cyber Crimes programs this malicious codes in such a way that whenever you download and install the bundled software, videos or audio files, this unwanted applications, automatically gets installed in the system and the user do not even know that their system has been infected by this malicious program.
Once this code gets into your system, it will change the settings of the browser and gets installed as add-ons in the browser extensions. After that whenever you are browsing the internet, you will get lot of pop up ads and hamper your browsing experience. It has been seen that these ads generally aim in promoting the setting up of supplementary dubious content along with optimization utilities, web browser toolbars, as well as other products, that generates revenue for the adware publishers by clicking on such ads. These ads looks legitimate as it also assures the users that it will help you to save money as well as time whenever you are shopping online and it will also provide coupons, product deals, discounts, offers, a range of commercials that are available in various shapes. It is advised that you should stay away from all of them. Other similar unwanted sites are Ads by Youtube AdBlock, Ads by Not set, Ads by Source 1, Ads by Alex and many more…
How to Remove Ad Maven ads from PC – Virus Removal Guide!
Uninstall Suspicious Program from PC using Control Panel
To uninstall or remove malicious program from your computer through Control Panel visit the below given link that suits your PC’s operating system.
In Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Point the arrow of the mouse to the upper-right corner of the Window and click on Search. (For touch screen user, they have to swipe the screen from the right edge and then click Search).
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click or tap Control Panel->Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the doubtful extension that get installed without your concern and click on Uninstall to remove it from Computer.
In XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click on the Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program/Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for XP).
- Choose the doubtful extension that doesn’t installed by you and click on Uninstall to get rid of it from PC (you may have to follow the uninstallation instructions).
Remove Suspicious Add-ons using Add-On Manager of Browsers (IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari)
In order to get rid of add-ons from your Windows PC/laptop using add-on manager visit the below given link that suits your Internet Explorer.
- Launch Internet Explorer (IE), click on Tools → Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Show section, choose All add-ons to see all the installed add-ons.
- After click on the add-on that you want to turn off and click the Disable button present at the bottom right corner of the windows.
- At last restart the browser to confirm that changes have taken effects.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Run Mozilla Firefox, click 3-bar icon present at the top right corner → Add-ons.
- Under the Extension tab choose the add-on that you want to delete→ click Disable/Remove.
- Now go to the Plugins tab → choose unwanted plugins → select Never Activate.
- After completing above steps restart your browsers for changes to take effects.
In Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome → click 3-bar icon → More tools →Extensions
- Now on suspicious add-ons uncheck Enabled box to disable the extension and click on Recycle Bin icon to delete the extension.
- Restart browsers for changes to take effects.
Remove Malware using powerful Ad Maven ads Removal Tool
To remove complete traces of this malicious species, you need to download and install free to use Ad Maven ads Removal Tool by clicking the below given button.
This is a powerful anti-malware and anti-spyware application. With the help of this application you can easily remove rootkits usually used to install worms, toolbars, Trojans and other malware programs.
To know more about this powerful anti-malware program and its effective features read its complete review of Malware Removal Tool here and to read about its detailed installation guide, Read the Installation Instructions.
Use Ccleaner To Remove Ad Maven ads
To remove last traces of this malicious threat, you need to download and install your system with Ccleaner tool by clicking the below given button.
CCleaner PC cleaner tool is especially designed to remove all types of junk or unnecessary files from Windows computer with ease. It is able to deal with broken shortcuts, temporary files and other Windows problems.
To get detail about this powerful and very effective tool read complete review of CCleaner and to know more about more about its installation instructions, you can read the Installation Guide
Tips To Avoid Malicious Adware from Entering Into PC
There are some prevention tips which one should follow so that they can avoid Ad Maven ads from entering into the system. It is mandatory that one should know what to do when your computer is infected. Some of them are mentioned below:
Stay safe online
It is instructed to update your software regularly. This is important for your operating system, security programs and web browser. There are some threats which generally take the advantages of bugs or exploits in a code of such programs to propagate into new machines. Even the companies which make the programs are usually made to fix the holes quickly.
Stop taking action
It is also necessary to stop taking actions which could put your computer at risk. It includes visiting unknown websites, unsolicited email attachments and downloading software from some illegal websites or peer to peer file transfer networks.
The computer user should change the password at regular intervals of their important and sensitive webpages. They should use strong password including some numbers and special characters etc.
It is always instructed to computer users to check for any windows update and if any update is available there then install them.
Turn on browser features
Different web browsers have different specifications which help users to browse safely. Only it needs to enable them and surf online without any disturbance.