If you own computer/laptop and having internet connection, then I also hope that you must be having anti-virus program installed on your computer system.
As we know that there are millions and billions of viruses and malware are out there today. And hence, it becomes very important to keep anti-virus program installed on our PC to help protect our system. This protection helps you to protect your PC from virus, malware and from potential damage as well safeguard your personal information from being exposed to the internet.
But does that installed antivirus program is the right security product for your computer system. Does it really help you in protecting and safeguarding your computer system the way you want?
Real example of computer antivirus: selection confusion!
I want to know which is the best antivirus to use For PC? suggest me some 5 to 10 antivirus software?
Original post from CNET
In the above example user is asking help so that he can make decision which antivirus program is best for his PC.
It’s absolutely very complex subject or question of anti-virus programs looks to be. It is so much complicated for most of the people that it becomes almost impossible to make decision.
Cheer up: The good news is that the best, perfect & effective anti-virus and anti-malware protection is available.
But for most of the people it is not important to go through technical details. You just simply need to know in general how you get infected so that it can help you to make good decision on what you need so that you can remain safe.
Additional Reading: Which type of antivirus should you choose?
All Right! So here I present the 5 types of antivirus program for your computer system.
#1 – AVG
Among various anti-virus programs, AVG is one of the most famous brands. It is unique because it offers consumers a completely free version as well as paid version. The best part is that its free version work extremely well and if you are looking for simple anti-virus protection.
- It does not capture gigantic amount of space on your hard drive
- Works on different version of Windows operating system
- Provides both anti-virus and anti-malware protection
- Scheduling scanning is available so that it can scan computer files at regular interval
#2 – McAfee
Its Virus Scan Plus antivirus program that protect PC from both viruses and spyware within one program, instead of separate utility as most of the programs do. Additionally it includes firewall that will protect PC from hacker attacks.
- Has maintained its second position in the field of anti-virus program
- Offer virus and spyware protection
- Provide firewall to avoid hacker attacks
- The program comes in different subscription package
Additional Reading: Why we Need Both Anti-Virus and Firewall?
#3 – Norton
There is various range of Norton anti-virus program available and they are manufactured by Symantec. These are serious software that scan your system regularly and delete the viruses and malware that it detects. The best part about this software that it updates every 5 to 15 minutes to make sure your system is up to date.
- Detects both viruses and malware
- Gets updated every 5 to 15 minutes to keep your PC safe
- Different range of anti-virus product is available
- Annual fee is applicable for its subscription service
Additional Reading: How to Protect PC without Anti-Virus Software
#4 – Kaspersky
Kaspersky is a Russian developed anti-virus program and it is not so much popular among other various anti-virus programs. Many people have not even heard about them. But the best part about this software is that it is very much effective in protecting PC against viruses, spyware, malware and even Trojans.
- Effective in detecting viruses, malware, spyware & even Trojans
- Offer Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Antivirus programs that fix computer problems even when PC become infected
- Provide identity protection and security for online banking and shopping
- Annual fee is applicable for their security products
#5 – Ad Adware
This is another antivirus program that is produced by company named as Lavasoft. Many people might have not heard of it. This software provides protection against large number of cybersecurity threats (Also Read: [Infographic] Top Cybersecurity Threats of 2017 and How To Avoid Them). This software offer different level of protection and this level of protection depend on how much you like to pay in one-time payment for their programs. The best part about this software is that it also detects key strokes, passwords and even Trojans.
- Protect PC against virus, malware spyware as well cybersecurity threats
- Offer different level of protection
- Detects key strokes, passwords and even Trojans
- Free download of Ad Adware is also available
Well, it is a common sense that you can protect your computer system and yourself from the viruses and malware by installing serious ant-virus program and ant-malware program.
In fact, never ever think about surfing the web without installing the security software on both your home and office PC. Though there are several free anti-virus programs is available out there but I also realize that you generally get what you pay for. Hence by reading the above suggestion, I hope you have got my point that if you are getting serious cyber-security software for zero then that is absolutely worth but where you need to pay for effective anti-virus program, then you must pay for it.